Storm damage, flooding, age, moisture, or heavy soil pressure are common foundation problems that may only be corrected with a complete replacement and foundation repair of the damaged areas.
To repair more extensive structural damage we follow these steps:
- Install wall shoring in the areas where the damaged wall is to be removed.
- Remove the damaged foundation blocks.
- Remove four to six inches of soil from against the old foundation.
- Construct the new concrete block wall.
- Core fill the new wall as required.
- Install damp proofing and insulate the exterior surface of the new wall.
- Backfill with granular soil to provide positive drainage.
Foundation walls crack and bow from lateral earth movement and the stress created from expansive soil changes. If not properly maintained, the foundation can eventually collapse. Stablwall is a reinforcing material used in the aerospace industry for thirty years.
The technology repairs foundation walls without the use of support beams, imbedded fasteners or the need for ongoing maintenance. Applied to the foundation walls the bracing system resists ten times the average outside pressure.
The foundation becomes stronger to eliminate expansion, shifting, cracking and bowing.
Exterior and Interior Foundation Resurfacing
Cracked and deteriorating foundation walls jeopardize your home’s structural integrity, defeat the purpose of weatherproofing and substantially detract from the property’s visual appeal. To repair the damaged foundation walls we follow these steps :
|Remove and repair the damaged areas of the foundation.||Attach rust and corrosion resistent heavy galvanized metal lath and corner moldings with metal fasteners.||Apply base and final coats of high quality resurfacing mix.|